Sheffield Occupational Health and Safety Association :: View topic - Ben Tranmer

Author
Executive Committee
Executive Committee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quote Back to top
Hello, I thought I would join in and post a little introduction about myself. My name is Ben Tranmer and I work for a company called ALcontrol Laboratories who are the number 1 provider of independent food and environmental testing in Europe. I am based in Rotherham, overseeing Health & Safety at our second largest UK laboratory. My background is mainly in emissions monitoring with occasional laboratory work thrown in for good measure. I traveled the country for 7 years sampling chimney stacks for ALcontrol; this is when I became actively involved with Health & Safety. I became a safety representative for the emissions monitoring department, I then successfully studied for and completed my NEBOSH certificate and I now hold the post of safety co-ordinator for the Templeborough site. A great deal of my time is occupied with COSHH and risk assessment, both within the laboratories and out on site, and implementing a comprehensive safety audit programme that ensures our policies and procedures remain effective. With my background in air monitoring I represent ALcontrol on the Source Testing Associationís (STA) health and safety task group, which strives to improve safety standards in the UK air monitoring industry. I look forward to meeting fellow members at future events. Ben.

D.Moore
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top
Hi Ben,

Welcome to our site, sounds like you have your hands full down at Templeborough. I look forward to meeting at our next meeting

Cheers

T.Hedland
Executive Committee
Executive Committee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quote Back to top
Hi Ben,

Welcome to our website and association. It looks like you are kept busy at Alcontrol? I imagine the COSHH side of things can be very interesting, especially when visiting your customers sites.
Hope to see you at our next meeting on 10th July.

regards,

Tim.

View next topic
View previous topic