Carcass fumes almost suffocated workers

Source: on 2009-06-30 13:31:00

A rendering plant has admitted safety failures that led to two workers collapsing after inhaling hydrogen sulphide fumes from an animal waste pit.The men were delivering carcasses from a nearby abattoir to be processed at the Sacone Environmental plant in Brechin near Dundee in north east Scotland. The waste is tipped into a pit and remains there until it is rendered, releasing hydrogen sulphide gas. On entering the waste intake ...

Carcass fumes almost suffocated workers - Read the full article at

Read more Health and Safety Headlines...