Maintenance failures led to electric shock

Source: on 2009-09-11 11:33:00

A structural engineering firm that had no record of maintaining electrical equipment over a 50-year period has been fined after a worker suffered a shock when he connected a portable welder to an extension cable.Stewart Baxter, 24, sustained burns to his fingers at D A Green & Sons' factory in Whaplode, Lincolnshire, and needed a week off work after the incident last year.Other employees of D A Green & Sons ...

Maintenance failures led to electric shock - Read the full article at

Read more Health and Safety Headlines...