Directors failed to learn from unreported blast

Source: on 2009-10-26 13:11:00

A novice welder died when an oil drum he was working on exploded at a family-run engineering firm, Exeter Crown Court has heard. HSE inspectors found the company had failed to report two previous injuries at its premises.Anthony Reed had only just started working at RJ Bateman, which makes crop spraying equipment, when he was told to use a coolant drum as a makeshift workbench while he practised welding metal ...

Directors failed to learn from unreported blast - Read the full article at

Read more Health and Safety Headlines...