Agency workers burned in solvent vapour fire

Source: on 2009-11-05 15:43:00

An industrial adhesive firm's failure to provide inexperienced agency workers with proper instructions and safe systems of work has cost it £20,500 after the men suffered chemical burns when flammable solvents ignited.Wayne Saddington and William Gillespie were mixing an adhesive batch at the Anglo Adhesives and Services factory in Leicestershire in September last year when the flammable vapour above the liquid ignited. A flame shot upwards into the air, setting ...

Agency workers burned in solvent vapour fire - Read the full article at

Read more Health and Safety Headlines...