Edinburgh council fined £14,000 for asbestos failures that put workers at risk

Source: Health and Safety Executive on 2009-11-13 08:00:28
Health and Safety Executive
Edinburgh Council has today (11 November) been fined £14,000 after 14 of its employees, were potentially exposed to asbestos while carrying out refurbishment work. The workers, including joiners, had been instructed to remove laboratory doors from Castlebrae Community High School back in April 2007 and carry out alterations at the council’s workshop on Murrayburn Road. View press [...]

Edinburgh council fined £14,000 for asbestos failures that put workers at risk - Read the full article at Health and Safety Executive

Read more Health and Safety Headlines...