Firm fined £60,000 over electrocution

Source: on 2009-11-26 16:55:00

One of Northern Ireland's largest construction contractors has been fined £60,000 for three health and safety breaches after a subcontractor was electrocuted during a road resurfacing project.Martin McKay was working on a site controlled by Northstone in Bellanaleck, County Fermanagh when the incident happened on 28 February 2006. A tipping lorry had come into contact with overhead power lines, and as McKay touched the side of the vehicle he received ...

Firm fined £60,000 over electrocution - Read the full article at

Read more Health and Safety Headlines...